Treating Auto Accident Injuries
Recovering from an auto accident injury can be a long process that involves time off work, doctors' appointments, and even surgery. It is important to seek treatment as quickly as possible before minor injuries become worse. There are several ways a chiropractor can help you after an auto accident. At Young Chiropractic in Canandaigua and Victor, NY, we will help you recover after receiving an auto accident injury.
Common Auto Accident Injuries
The following are several injuries that often occur during an automobile accident:
- Spinal Injuries: Serious damage to the vertebrae and cartilage can occur during a car accident.
- Back Injuries: The muscles, tendons, and ligaments in the back can also be injured.
- Neck Injuries: When the head suddenly thrusts in one direction and then in another, serious neck injuries can occur.
- Broken Bones: Knees, arms, and hands are particularly susceptible to hitting the dashboard or steering wheel during an accident.
Injuries That May Not Be Immediately Apparent
Sometimes injuries are not obvious immediately after an accident. Even if you feel fine right after an accident, you may develop painful and even serious injuries several hours or days later.
- Herniated Discs: The rubbery substance inside the discs may push through the casing during an accident. Pain or tingling sensations down the legs may not happen for several days after an accident.
- Whiplash: Whiplash is a type of neck injury that occurs when the head moves quickly back and then forward. Headaches, dizziness, and pain may not occur immediately after an accident.
- Hairline Fractures: Bones that are cracked, but not completely broken, may not be noticed right away.
How a Chiropractor Can Help
There are several ways a chiropractor can help get you on the road to recovery.
- Restore Mobility: A chiropractor uses spinal manipulation, massage therapy, and exercise to restore your mobility after an accident.
- Reduce Pain: Our chiropractor may use the Graston Technique to relieve your back and neck pain.
- Eliminate Scar Tissue: Manual treatments can help reduce scar tissue and Inflammation.
- Limit the Need for Medication: Chiropractic treatments can reduce pain and your reliance on strong pain medication.
- Avoid Invasive Surgery: Sometimes surgery can be avoided with chiropractic treatments.
Contact Young Chiropractic in Canandaigua & Victor, NY
At Young Chiropractic, we provide the most advanced treatment modalities in chiropractic care. This includes the Graston Technique and using cold laser therapy. We will create an individualized plan to treat your specific auto accident injury. Call our team today at 585-398-2420 to schedule an appointment at Young Chiropractic.